OPTUS STADIUM, PERTH- THE BEST STADIUM
“ Footy is back “ the official Tagline greets you At the Optus Stadium, Perth.
A nostalgic Recalling the of Inauguration day remarks of the New Optus stadium on 30th April 2018 is vivid in fans memory.
“Today’s record-breaking turnout is testament to the quality of this venue and its status as WA’s new home of sport. Western Australians are rightly proud of their new, world-class stadium and they are voting with their feet to show it “.- Said Sports and Recreation Minister Mick Murray – on the inauguration day of the stadium on 30th April 2018.
On the inauguration day more than 56,000 people witnessed the inaugural West Derby match for the Fermantle Dockers Vs West coast Eagles match.
The multi purpose stadium built in 2018 and opened in Jan.2018 also hosts events like Concerts
And live shows, and games like Cricket, Rugby league besides Soccer (AFL).
AFL was the most highly attended event in2018 with 1.3 million watching the game.
Around 120000 were at Ed Sheeran’s 2 shows, Taylor Swift’s Reputation stadium tour concert attracted 48,405 fans. Cricket also attracted 81,000 for the Test match between India & Australia in Dec. 2018.
2 Million people attended major sport and entertainment events at the Stadium in 2018 with a gate receipt of $129 million.
The stadium also hosted Manchester United Australia Tour playing its two matches
In July 2019 with Perth Glory and Leeds United attracting 1,00,000 fans and
The Stadium was decorated with Red lights.
The most stunning beautiful Optus stadium bagged the prestigious 2019 Prix Versailles International Architecture Award for the Most beautiful stadium in the world and also winning Australia’s Best stadium In 2019 stadium Awards, winning by public vote on the Austadiums website.
The stadium hosted its first international cricket Test match on 14th Dec.2018 when India Played its 2nd Test here and Australia won this test by 146 runs.
- 5 drop-in wickets
- 16 Out door practice wickets
- Playing surface 177 m x 141 cm
- 60000 seats capacity
- Sight screens positioned to reduce impact on fan views
- 2 dedicated player viewing rooms with direct access to changing rooms and playing surface
- More than 50 food and beverage outlets
- The Locker room offers fans the opportunity to watch the players warm up and view the post-match media conference
- The Skyview lounge is located underneath a super screen. Patrons can stand and watch an event
- The Riverview Rooms on the western end provide spectacular views across Swan River and can operate independently or combined accommodating a total of 1200 people in one connected space.
- 50 hectares of ground level parking and 12.5 hectares additional land for a multi-storey car park
- Optus stadium caters for everyone regardless of age, experience or ability
- Individuals requiring Universal Access (IRUA) features of the stadium :-
* 360 degree view across all general admission levels
* IRUA seating throughout the stadium
* Over 60 Universal accessible toilets
- 12 Lifts throughout the system
- The stadium has been built with integrated train, bus and pedestrian solutions to provide spectators with multiple transport options. Perth stadium train station gives fans easy access to the venue